According to a list submitted by the defense ministry to Parliament, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has the highest number of joint ventures with private or non-government-owned entities among all the Defense Public Sector Units (DPSUs).
While HAL has 12 such ventures, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) has two and Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL), one.
Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL)
1. Mazagon Dock Pipavav Defence (P) Ltd.: Joint Venture with Pipavav Defence & Offshore Engineering Com. Ltd.
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
1. GE BE (P) Ltd.: Joint Venture with GE Mauritius Ltd.
2. BEL Thales Systems Ltd.: Joint Venture with Thales Air Systems SA, France & Thales India (P) Ltd.
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
1. BAE HAL Software Ltd.: Joint Venture with BAe Systems PLC UK and BAe HAL Employee Trust, India.
2. Infotech HAL Ltd.: Joint Venture with Infotech Enterprises Ltd., India.
3. TATA-HAL Technologies Ltd.: Joint Venture with Tata Technologies Ltd., India.
4. Samtel HAL Display Systems Ltd.: Joint Venture with Samtel Display systems (P) Ltd.
5. HAL Edgewood Technologies (P) Ltd.: Joint Venture with Edgewood Ventures LLC, USA & Edgewood Technologies Pvt. Ltd., India
6. HALBIT Avionics Ltd.: Joint Venture with Elbit Systems Ltd., Israel and Merlinhawk Asso. (P) Ltd., India.
7. HATSOFF Helicopter Training (P) Ltd.: Joint Venture with CAE Inc., Canada.
8. Indo Russian Aviation Ltd.: Joint Venture with ICICI Ltd., India, Federal State Unitary Enterprises, Russian Aircraft Corporation MIG, Russia and Ryazan State Instrument Plant (GRPZ), Russia and Aviazapchast Public Ltd Company, Russia.
9. Snecma HAL Aerospace (P) Ltd.: Joint Venture with Snecma SA, France.
10. International Aerospace Manufacturing (P) Ltd.: Joint Venture with Rolls Royce Overseas Holding Ltd., UK.
11. Multirole Transport Aircraft Ltd.: Joint Venture with (UAC-Transport Aircraft & Rosoboronexport), Russia.
12. Aerospace and Aviation Sector Skill Council: Joint Venture with Bangalore Chamber of Industries & Commerce, Bangalore India and Society of Indian Aerospace Technologies & Industries, Bangalore, India.